I am very big on making lists of things to do. In fact if something is not on a list is very unlikely it is ever going to happen. Not only does writing things down help my memory, but the act of putting it on paper (or in iPhone) makes tasks take on a life of their own and they start to materialise.
Another thing that is great about to-do lists is to then cross things off the list. The sense of accomplishment is priceless. And also it makes me feel proud of myself – today I did all thesethings. Had they not been on the list I would have forgot about them and wouldn’t have given myself cred for them.
With all that said there is another list that is equally as important: My not to-do list!
Once in a while I have to stop myself from running around doing all those hundreds of big and small things that I do all day and just do nothing at all. Last weekend the girls and I, Micke is in Sweden, had one of those days. Celeste and Margaux sitting in a tree in Central Park. Celeste reading Harry Potter for Margaux (this was Celeste’s Christmas gift to Margaux – to read all the seven Harry Potter book aloud to her). Cappi was digging after worms under the tree.
I was on a blanket and I didn’t even take out my book. I simply did nothing…
Besides doing nothing at all there are other things on my not to-do list that are just as important to me:
* Do not stress about things having to be perfect around the house.
* Do not hang out with people who take your energy and makes you feel uncomfortable.
* Do not change who you are in order to try to fit in.
* Do listen to peoples advice, but do NOT follow them if your gut tells you not to.
* Do not follow people on instagram or FB, even if they are friends, if they stress you out or make you feel excluded. Or perhaps just because you don’t like the pictures they publish. (This is so incredibly common. People feel obliged to follow friends although they get a knot in their stomach watching their pictures.) Not following someone does not mean you don’t like them.
* Do not spend time thinking about things that are out of your control.
* Do not spend time with people you don’t trust or people you can’t count on.
* Do not compare yourself to others. Never ever!
* Do not assume the worst.
What’s on your not to-do list?
Happy weekend everyone!
Last weekend we set up shop in Williamsburg at Artist and Fleas. Thank you to everyone who came by!
If you didnt get the chance to drop by, then come to our store on 219 Mott Street in Nolita or to our new location on Broadway Market 483 Broadway.
Save both time and the environment by wrapping your bags in reusable fabric gift bags! We are happy to announce that we now offer gift wrapping as an add on to any other bag you purchase.For only $5 you will get your bags wrapped and ready to go.
Choose between a stylish red, black or tartan bag. We will choose the size that best fits the products you have purchased.
Please Reuse, Waste Reduce!