Over 11 years ago, genius magazine maker, Carina Nunstedt contacted me. She had an idea: She wanted to start a magazine for mothers with a twist of luxury and fashion. The new thing about Mama, as she named it, was that it is about the moms. Traditionally children’s/mom’s magazines are all about the children, normally with a child on the cover. Carina wanted to have the moms in focus.
So we started working on this idea. My titel was Senior Fashion Editor, but really I was more of the Creative Director (I don’t think the titel was invented, in Sweden, at that time).
I did many, many covers and shoots with famous swedish moms over the years.
When we had our third child Caprice and after over six years working with Mama, I decided I was done. It had been an incredible time, but I felt I needed to do other things. One of them was to move to New York!
My connection with Mama goes way back and it was a very precious time in my life. Therefor it is always very special to me when I get to be featured in the magazine. This summer, when the girls from www.thewaywepaly.se, Louise Rizell and Karolina Borg, came to our summer house to do a story on our family (I am sure you have seen it: thewayweplay) they also did a thing for Mama. The topic was “my favourite fashion item”.
Photograph: Linda Alfvegren
This is more or less the interview:
Tell us about your favourite necklace!
-I bought it at Anthropologie in New York several years ago. I love it as you can use it day or night. Even a potato sack looks nice with a big chunky necklace. Perfect!
How do you dress your children?
– I can’t dress the two oldest girls any more. They both have their own distinctive style. Celeste is very much an Abercrombie girl and Margaux is a fashionista who doesn’t mind attracting attention. So far Carpice couldn’t care less. She often looks surprised when she sees herself in the mirror “Oh, is this what I am wearing today?”
– Capri wears and tears her clothes a lot as she loves to crawl on the ground and climb stuff. She has holes on 99% of her pants. I can really recommend www.ossoami.se, a brand that makes jeans that lasts.
Has your style changed over the years?
– Yes it has with age. I don’t really think I look good in a short skirt and high heels any more for example. (This is quite ironic as the image shows me in sort of a short skirt, although when i stand it is over the knees, and high heels haha).
– I still love my old dresses. I collect dresses. These days my girls use them more than me.
What kind of shopper are you?
– I am a skilled budget shopper! I mainly buy clothes when there is a sale on the sale. I love the feeling of having made a good deal!
Have a great Friday everyone!!
The bags are perfect for storing your underwear while traveling or in your wardrobe. Because the bags looks best while in use. Like this packing made by @chisat03o1 or as a gift to your bridesmaids. These Polkadot Lingerie are all monogramed with names. An unique, personal and appreciated gift to give to all those girls invited to the bachelorette party.