Over 11 years ago, genius magazine maker, Carina Nunstedt contacted me. She had an idea: She wanted to start a magazine for mothers with a twist of luxury and fashion. The new thing about Mama, as she named it, was that it is about the moms. Traditionally children’s/mom’s magazines are all about the children, normally with a child on the cover. Carina wanted to have the moms in focus.
So we started working on this idea. My titel was Senior Fashion Editor, but really I was more of the Creative Director (I don’t think the titel was invented, in Sweden, at that time).
I did many, many covers and shoots with famous swedish moms over the years.
When we had our third child Caprice and after over six years working with Mama, I decided I was done. It had been an incredible time, but I felt I needed to do other things. One of them was to move to New York!
My connection with Mama goes way back and it was a very precious time in my life. Therefor it is always very special to me when I get to be featured in the magazine. This summer, when the girls from www.thewaywepaly.se, Louise Rizell and Karolina Borg, came to our summer house to do a story on our family (I am sure you have seen it: thewayweplay) they also did a thing for Mama. The topic was “my favourite fashion item”.
Photograph: Linda Alfvegren
This is more or less the interview:
Tell us about your favourite necklace!
-I bought it at Anthropologie in New York several years ago. I love it as you can use it day or night. Even a potato sack looks nice with a big chunky necklace. Perfect!
How do you dress your children?
– I can’t dress the two oldest girls any more. They both have their own distinctive style. Celeste is very much an Abercrombie girl and Margaux is a fashionista who doesn’t mind attracting attention. So far Carpice couldn’t care less. She often looks surprised when she sees herself in the mirror “Oh, is this what I am wearing today?”
– Capri wears and tears her clothes a lot as she loves to crawl on the ground and climb stuff. She has holes on 99% of her pants. I can really recommend www.ossoami.se, a brand that makes jeans that lasts.
Has your style changed over the years?
– Yes it has with age. I don’t really think I look good in a short skirt and high heels any more for example. (This is quite ironic as the image shows me in sort of a short skirt, although when i stand it is over the knees, and high heels haha).
– I still love my old dresses. I collect dresses. These days my girls use them more than me.
What kind of shopper are you?
– I am a skilled budget shopper! I mainly buy clothes when there is a sale on the sale. I love the feeling of having made a good deal!
Have a great Friday everyone!!
A few weeks ago we welcomed famous Chinese actress, Bea Hayden and Modern Fashion Lifestyle Channel to the Bag-all store on Mott Street.
Bea was documenting one of her days in New York and ended up finding some favorite bags, which she aslo monogrammed with her name.
They filmed their visit and if you speak Chinese, you can watch the full video here.
Thank you for visiting Bea, you are welcome back any time!
Finally! Its time to start packing away your gloves and beanies and start unpacking your caps and t-shirts.
Protect your leather gloves from dust, scratches and excess moisture by storing them in our new Gloves organizing bag.
To all our Japanese followers, here is an interview with founder and owner Jennifer that was made by Ships Magazine during her trip to Japan. Ships sells a selected range of Bag-alls items in stores around the country.
To read the full interview and see more images, click here