Over 11 years ago, genius magazine maker, Carina Nunstedt contacted me. She had an idea: She wanted to start a magazine for mothers with a twist of luxury and fashion. The new thing about Mama, as she named it, was that it is about the moms. Traditionally children’s/mom’s magazines are all about the children, normally with a child on the cover. Carina wanted to have the moms in focus.
So we started working on this idea. My titel was Senior Fashion Editor, but really I was more of the Creative Director (I don’t think the titel was invented, in Sweden, at that time).
I did many, many covers and shoots with famous swedish moms over the years.
When we had our third child Caprice and after over six years working with Mama, I decided I was done. It had been an incredible time, but I felt I needed to do other things. One of them was to move to New York!
My connection with Mama goes way back and it was a very precious time in my life. Therefor it is always very special to me when I get to be featured in the magazine. This summer, when the girls from www.thewaywepaly.se, Louise Rizell and Karolina Borg, came to our summer house to do a story on our family (I am sure you have seen it: thewayweplay) they also did a thing for Mama. The topic was “my favourite fashion item”.
Photograph: Linda Alfvegren
This is more or less the interview:
Tell us about your favourite necklace!
-I bought it at Anthropologie in New York several years ago. I love it as you can use it day or night. Even a potato sack looks nice with a big chunky necklace. Perfect!
How do you dress your children?
– I can’t dress the two oldest girls any more. They both have their own distinctive style. Celeste is very much an Abercrombie girl and Margaux is a fashionista who doesn’t mind attracting attention. So far Carpice couldn’t care less. She often looks surprised when she sees herself in the mirror “Oh, is this what I am wearing today?”
– Capri wears and tears her clothes a lot as she loves to crawl on the ground and climb stuff. She has holes on 99% of her pants. I can really recommend www.ossoami.se, a brand that makes jeans that lasts.
Has your style changed over the years?
– Yes it has with age. I don’t really think I look good in a short skirt and high heels any more for example. (This is quite ironic as the image shows me in sort of a short skirt, although when i stand it is over the knees, and high heels haha).
– I still love my old dresses. I collect dresses. These days my girls use them more than me.
What kind of shopper are you?
– I am a skilled budget shopper! I mainly buy clothes when there is a sale on the sale. I love the feeling of having made a good deal!
Have a great Friday everyone!!
Last weekend we set up shop in Williamsburg at Artist and Fleas. Thank you to everyone who came by!
If you didnt get the chance to drop by, then come to our store on 219 Mott Street in Nolita or to our new location on Broadway Market 483 Broadway.
Save both time and the environment by wrapping your bags in reusable fabric gift bags! We are happy to announce that we now offer gift wrapping as an add on to any other bag you purchase.For only $5 you will get your bags wrapped and ready to go.
Choose between a stylish red, black or tartan bag. We will choose the size that best fits the products you have purchased.
Please Reuse, Waste Reduce!